Saginaw Bay Youth Orchestra
- This program is the Great Lakes Bay Region's only youth orchestra serving the Region and the Thumb, and is geared toward advanced middle & high school aged string players and high school wind, brass, and percussion players
- SBYO follows the orchestra practice of auditioning for chairs that are open. As of May 31, 2015, it is expected that auditions will be held to fill the following positions: flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn, trumpet, trombone, violin, viola, cella and bass.
- Auditions will be the beginning of September for the Fall 2015 Session. For more information about audition repertoire, contact the SBSO office at 989-755-6471.
Session 1 - Fall: September 27 to November 15
Concert: November 22
Session 2 - Winter: January 10 to February 28
Concert: March 6
Session 3 - Spring: March 13 & 20, April 3 to May 8
Concert: May 15
TIME: 2 to 5 p.m. on Sundays
All rehearsals are at the Temple Theatre in Saginaw.
COST: $175* per session.
Full payment is required by the second rehearsal unless other arrangements have been made.*
*Scholarships available through the generous funding from Saginaw Tuesday Musicale and Optimist Club of Saginaw. Need-based scholarships available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Complete application by downloading the TUITION ASSISTANCE form at the right. Submit ASAP, but no later than second class of each session.
- Roderick Bieber, co-conductor and violin
- James Hargett, co-conductor and woodwinds
- Don Belcher, brass and library
- Mike Curtiss, percussion
- Mary Demand, bass
- Dick Jensen, arranger
- Anna Mamassian, cello
- Nancy E. Powers, viola
- Ruth Ann Robinson, violin
In partnership with the Temple Theatre
Have questions? Need more info? Want to set-up on audition?